As food price inflation puts immense pressure on household budgets, it’s become more important than ever that we deliver on our policy of New Zealand’s lowest food prices. Our Customer Promises tracker score for the year sits at 78.9%, and we’re excited to keep building on this as we continue to deliver Cheap As, Fresh as and Sweet as shopping experiences to our customers.
This year we’ve also put more focus into making sure that our leadership teams in store have the skills and knowledge they need so that all our teams can do their part in bringing these promises to life in store.
And it’s been another winning year for Stickman, whose @instickman account on Instagram got a Silver in the IAM Advertising Awards for Best use of Social, as well as a Bronze AXIS award for Digital Copywriting.
Five ways we were here for customers in FY22
- We’ve changed the way we buy Frozen Foods to a centralised buying model so we can offer a customer driven Frozen Food range and pass on the savings to our customers.
- After two years of rebuilding, PAK’nSAVE Henderson re-opened under level 4 lockdown to serve their community.
- PAK’nSAVE was voted the most trusted Supermarket brand in the annual survey of Reader’s Digest Most Trusted Brands
- Our Local Area Marketing tool lets us engage directly with our local communities, so we can communicate with them on the things they want to know about.
- We ran three successful Price Gap campaigns, reinforcing PAK’nSAVE’s policy of having New Zealand’s lowest food prices. The campaigns allowed us to live out our promise of being Cheap As, demonstrating real life examples of real savings, made by real shoppers in comparison to competitors.