Gilmours have bounced back from COVID-19 with a relentless focus on their customer promises of ‘Easy every time’, ‘Have what I need’, and ‘Fair value I can trust’.
The team’s big growth aspirations and dedication to being the leading New Zealand food service wholesaler with the most loyal Food Service customers has produced another year of strong growth for the brand. Gilmours gained market share every month and reached a Net Promoter Score of 47, well above the industry average of 30.
During this year’s unexpected weather events, like all our brands, Gilmours went above and beyond to help communities get back up and running. We supported the Civil Defence response by getting urgent water and food supplies into the Hawke’s Bay region and other hard-hit communities.
Our Hawke’s Bay and Northland teams pulled out all the stops to get deliveries out to our customers despite the challenging roading conditions – catching up on back orders within days.
Five ways we were here for customers in FY23
- Introduced 42 new Private and Controlled Label products to our Gilmours stores to support our customers with quality products at a competitive price.
- Increased our Butchery, Seafood and Produce range by 138 new products to give our customers more choice in the wholesale market.
- Welcomed three new Owners in our Hamilton, Manukau and North Shore stores – our new Owner Operators are passionate about ensuring the success of our customers’ businesses. Our last Gilmours change of ownership took place eight years ago!
- Completed a review of our store range and introduced a core range to make sure the products we have on shelf are relevant and meet the needs of our Hospitality and Food Service customers.
- Kicked off our supply chain transformation with our efficient new Warehouse Management System (WMS). We also opened new cross dock and depot facilities in Whangārei and Hastings so Gilmours can now serve Northland and regional food service customers much more efficiently.