Foodstuffs Own Brands
Foodstuffs Own Brands closed out FY22 with another year of record sales, finishing on an impressive $1.58b - up 6.4% on last year (note FY22 was a 53-week year vs FY21 which was a 52-week year). The year-on-year growth of Own Brands clearly shows that our customers are looking for products in our range to make their dollar go further.
We continue to focus on ensuring our products are relevant and accessible for every New Zealander, and through our campaigns, we show Kiwi households how they can get the best out of their budget by shopping our Pams and Value ranges.
Five ways we were here for customers in FY22
- Our new Pams Plant Based range was voted the most trusted brand in the plant-based category of the Readers Digest Most Trusted Brands.
- We redeveloped and relaunched our website, providing the full Pams product catalogue, inspiring meal solutions and handy home hacks. Since the relaunch, we’ve seen a 37% increase in website visitors compared to the previous year.
- We’ve continued to develop new products, including a broad breakfast range and a refurbished ice cream range so that New Zealanders can have more of what they love for less.
- Our Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) initiatives continued to be a key focus for our Own Brands, and this year saw us add policy statements around Sustainable Seafood and Responsible Timber, Bamboo, Pulp and Paper.
- We’re tracking well on providing New Zealanders with healthy food options, finishing FY22 at 63% of our products meeting the nutritional criteria for the Heart Foundation vs our minimum target of 70% by 2025.