Foodstuffs Own Brands
With 310 million boxes, bags, bottles or packets sold in our North Island stores from a range of just over 3,500 products, Foodstuffs Own Brands finished FY21 with record sales of $1.020 billion – up 12.1% on last year.
Our delicious Pams content, including recipes featuring only six ingredients, resonated exceptionally well with Kiwi households looking for more economical groceries during COVID-19.
Five ways we were here for customers in FY21
- New Zealanders hunted out value in brands they could trust during lockdown, and this led to our Own Brands growing 12.1% in FY21.
- As our transformational customer driven journey continues, we actively listened to our customers through research to better understand what they wanted and needed from our core Private Label brands.
- We committed to nailing the basics this financial year, keeping up our new product development and launching 45 new lines.
- Additionally, we’re working closely across the business to make sure Private Label is a first and top priority product on every shelf.
- We’ve made strides in the quality and corporate social responsibility (CSR) space, with robust new processes including formalised product requirements, supplier selection and guidelines. All Pams tea is now Rainforest Alliance-certified, and we’ve introduced rigorous evaluation processes and two ethical sourcing policy statements for seafood and modern slavery.