Liquorland’s growth continued with another strong year of record commercial results.
Following the successful partnership with the Waitākere and Portage Licensing Trusts, where we rebranded three stores in West Auckland and opened a new store, another nine stores will be converted to Liquorland by the end of 2023.
Liquorland also transitioned 17 Henry’s stores into the network further strengthening the Liquorland brand presence in the South Island.
This year has been all about ensuring our instore shopping experience is exciting and rewarding for our customers and we’ve launched several new initiatives to help make their time with us even more enjoyable. These included installing media screens in-store to share cocktail ideas and promote new products, as well as delivering several first to market ‘better for you’ ready to drink spirit initiatives.
Five ways we were here for customers in FY23
- We launched a new Liquorland website to give our customers a more seamless and simpler online journey. It was designed specifically to work with our Liquorland franchise model and allows customers to move their basket of goods (while shopping) from one store to another to take advantage of the wide range of products available from one store to the next.
- We launched a retail media network with 55 and 65 inch digital screens being installed in prominent positions in store. This helps customers to see our latest offers, specials, services, new products and promotions at a glance. Customers have given us feedback that this helps provide them with inspiration to venture outside of their usual and try something different.
- Our range of ‘better for me’ products offer customers the healthier choice that they’re after. Low carb beer and lower sugar RTD’s have been the go-to for many customers.
- Supported our Liquor suppliers to showcase innovation and excellence at the Liquorland Expo in March.
- The entire Liquorland franchise was able to reconnect after more than 1,300 days apart (due to the challenges of COVID-19), at our first conference together since 2019. Here we celebrated success and congratulated our long service award team members.